DAY BEFORE YOU QUIT SMOKING….FOREVER!
Plan, prepare, and dive in with all your heart and soul and you’ll definitely succeed. Your life is 100% worth it! Never give up and you’ll make it through. The pain is worth the gain.
Main Source of Suggestions to Quit Smoking, Visit: NY STATE QUIT SITE
The Day Before You Quit Forever!
If tomorrow is your Smoking Quit Day…plan to shake up your routine by following some of these suggestions:
- Start the day with exercise:
- Exercise is the best smoking substitute there is. How about a brisk walk or even a slow one?
- Things you can do…
- Review your reasons for quitting.
- Plan activities you can do to keep busy tomorrow.
- Make sure you have on hand any stop smoking herbs and/or medications you plan to use.
- Get some healthy snacks/oral substitutes ready for tomorrow.
- Plan ways to reward yourself for milestones, such as one week, one month, six months, and one year without smoking.
- Things you can think about…
- Think about how much better you’ll feel when you quit smoking; how much healthier, stronger you will become; how much longer you will live.
- Tell yourself you have what it takes and you deserve it.
- Think about how you can change your routine tomorrow (i.e. don’t go into the store where you have been buying cigarettes). Shop elsewhere.
- Tell yourself that the years have given you good sense and the wisdom to quit.
- Remember that if you don’t pick up the next cigarette, you will never have to go through quitting again.
- Get help from others…
- Talk with your friends and family. Let them know how they can help.
- Smoke-proof your life…
- Throw away ALL your cigarettes.
- Get rid of cigarette accessories – cases, ashtrays, lighters, and matches.
- Replace ashtrays with cigarette substitutes or healthy snacks, even in the car.