Awesome abs exercises
(Healingtalks) A flat and muscular ab is something certainly to admire. It shows core strength and thus has sex appeal.
What we know
Just one hour or 60 minutes of daily exercise, with intense aerobic workouts, will yield weight loss and a leaner abdomen. This because it increases the body’s metabolism so that it burns more fat.
What alows one to eat calories and not gain weight is the development of muscle mass underneath through exercise.
Losing weight without exercising adds to the risk of losing lean muscle mass, as well as slowing the metabolism and thus putting the body into fat-storing cycle! As we’ve advocated so many times at Healingtalks, you must practice all four of the pillars of natural healing simultaneously to be truly healthy – optimum nutrition, detoxification, exercise and mind body work. Even just three out of the four leaves you short. They work synergistically or together as one.
Thus those who go on just a diet to lose weight may notice they are losing muscle mass. They are getting weaker and not stronger and healthier.
And they set themselves up for the next cycle of body fat accumulation.
Muscle mass buildup in the abs
Researchers at the Biomechanics Lab at San Diego State University embarked on an overview of popular ab exercises and then ranked them accordingly. Results showed that that exercises which require ab stabilization and rotation were the best. Here are their top five exercises?
1. Bicycle Exercise
This targets the six pack muscles and obliques.
- Lay down on mat with hands behind your head
- Bring knees to the chest
- Lift shoulders slightly off the floor
- Bring right elbow to your left knee and straighten your right leg
- Switch sides and do a peddling motion 1 to 3 sets with 10-15 repetitions
2. Captain’s Chair Leg Raise
This requires a chair and a higher rack with padded arms as found in most gyms.
- Stand on the chair
- Grip the higher hand holds
- Raise knees to the chest
- Lower down with 1 to 3 sets and 10-15 repetitions
3. Exercise Ball Crunch
You need an exercise ball for this routine
- Lie on the ball with your lower back supported and place hands behind your head
- Lift your body off the ball and contract abs to pull rib cage towards hips
- Keep ball stable and lower your body to stretch the abs.
- Do 1 to 3 sets of 10-15 repetitions
4. Vertical Leg Crunch
This is similar to the above leg crunch except that the legs are straight up.
- Lie on floor mat with legs up and knees crossed and hands behind the hea
- Contract abs lifting the shoulders off the floor
- Keep legs in a fixed straight up position as you crunch.
- Do 1 to 3 sets of 10-15 repetitions.
5. Long Arm Crunch
This is similar to a traditional floor crunch
- Lie on the floor mat and extend arms straight behind
- Keeping hands clasped near ears
- Slowly contract abs and lift shoulders off the floor
- Keep arms straight as you do 1 to 3 sets with 10-15 repetitions
The best way to achieve weight loss is clearly to combine exercise with a healthy diet, some periodic detoxification and mind/body work to keep you on course. All you need to do is practice an hour of exercise a day. Some prefer a half hour in the morning and a half hour at night, alternating weight and aerobic exercises.Remember to have fun and make it as easy as possible so you keep to a routine.
- Tips for Burning More Calories on a Treadmill
- Strength Training Secret
- Guidelines For Optimal Aerobic Exercise
- Exercise can help you sleep at night
- Groundbreaking News: Forced vs. Voluntary Exercise
- Exercise Mistake That’s Proven to Damage Your Heart
- Forget the Treadmill Get a Dog
Abs training, belly workout, how to lose abdomen fat, how to burn abdominal fat, ways to get abs, ab training, how to get belly fat, abs training, belly workout, how to lose abdomen fat, how to burn abdominal fat., ways to get abs, ab training, how to get belly fat, how to loss your belly fat, how to lose abdominal weight, how to lose your belly fat\, how 2 lose belly fat, , how to reduce abdominal fat, how 2 lose fat, , how to get lose belly fat, exercises to lose belly, abdominal exercises to lose belly fat, workouts to lose stomach fat, lose abs