Dr. Ritamarie’s Living Latkes
(HealingTalks) Happy Hanukkah to all of our Jewish followers! Dr. Ritamarie of Dr. Ritamarie’s Fresh ‘n’ Fun Living Blog has created a great way to honor the ancient tradition of potato pancakes on the first and last days of Hanukkah without compromising your diet. This recipe is great for Jews and gentiles alike and is delicious all year round!
by Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo
Equipment Needed: Dehydrator and Blender
- 2 ½ pounds of a combination of shredded daikon radish and broccoli stems
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tahini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water
- Shred daikon and broccoli stems and place in a large bowl.
- Shred or thinly slice the onion and add to bowl with the daikon and broccoli.
- Blend the tahini, pepper and salt and add to bowl with vegetables. Mix well with your hands.
- Brush with a thin film of olive oil, if desired.
- Form into patties and place on the mesh tray of your dehydrator. Dehydrate overnight, up to 12 hours.
Serve with apple sauce or nut sour “cream”
Dr. Ritamarie is a practitioner of Integrative Health Care, meaning she employs a wide variety of natural philosophies when treating her patients. For more great recipes–both raw and cooked–and a wealth of information on getting healthy, visit her blog!