Effect of Smartphones On A Good Night Sleep
Do Smart Phones Contribute to Sleeping Disorders?
With the amount of smart phones being sold today, and their constant daily use, it is important to know if they pose any dangers. According to one study, while 54% of iPhone users claim their phones make them more productive, there was a question of their also disrupting sleep. The study found that 89% of the phone owners used their phone periodically as wake up alarms, with 75% having the phone in bed or by the bedside while they slept.
There are several risks this may entail:
- Constant Connection to the Smart Phone Device - this prompts late night checking of text and updating social media. Sometimes this can contribute to bedtimes anxieties.
- Smart Phone Message Alerts - these can wake people up and the potential stress with certain messages is enough to keep some awake
- Smart Phone EMF Radiation – such radiation has as yet unknown long-term impacts from smartphones really makes it unwiuse to have these phones constantly at your side or connected to your bodies.
- Sleep Texting – This is a new phenomenon, like the sleep walking. It is texting in a semi-awake state.So the advice is to set your phones aside far from your bed at night, and perhaps outside your bedroom altogether.
- Recognizing Signs and Symptoms of a Stroke
- Variable High Blood Pressure Increases Risk of Strokes
- Addressing Stroke Risk Factors Early On To Prevent Strokes
- Jill Bolte Taylor’s stroke of insight