Start your day with water and lemon
Start your day
with water and lemon
Nathan Batalion, Global Health Activist, Healingtalks Editor
Starting your day off right!
(Healingtalks) I always recommend ample drinking of pure water or “hydration” early in the morning – and with as much as a quart. To that water one can add several health boosters:
- Squeeze in a little fresh lemon juice. This is one of the greatest energy boosters. Unlike coffee which stimulates the adrenal glands and causes blood sugar swings, aggravates hypertension and causes oxidative stress and free-radical formation – with a high and then a let down – water with lemon produces even energy and inner cleansing. There is then no letdown because the energy wasn’t forced. Lemon can be replaced by other citric juices such as lime or grapefruit, and sometimes break the monotony of always having the same
- A cleansing tea with lemon is another alternative
- Fresh squeezed vegetable juice, green-powders, super-food mixes – all with lemon added – can also enhance the “morning water feast”
- Probiotic, coconut water and kambucha drinks also help the body smoothly “break the fast” of a night’s sleep so that you replenish minerals and electrolytes – especially sodium potassium and magnesium.
Filtered or distilled water
Be sure your water itself is “clean” – either well filtered or distilled. If distilled it will be the purest of water, removing even the homeopathic traces of toxins. However then it becomes necessary to re-add minerals. This can be done with a pinch of Himalayan or Hawaiian salt. Your clean water can also sit overnight with a pinch of dulse powder added, to get more of the sea minerals replenished in your body.
What we eat provides “ions” – the parts of molecules that carries an electrical charge and thus spark energy. Positively charged ions are called “cations” and negatively charged ones “anions.” Most of the food is cationic. Digestive processes such as using hydrochloric acid, digestive enzymes, saliva are anionic. Lemon is highly anionic, with a strong negative charge. Fresh lemon thereby helps oxygenate the body and helps enzyme functions of the liver. It helps prepare the stomach and intestinal tract for digestion later in the day.
Cleanses and nourishes
Citric fruits help stimulate bowel movements early in the am. Lemon especially can form soluble complexes with calcium which helps gt rid of pancreatic and kidney stones. This can also prevent calcification of arteries or cardiovascular disease.
What lemon and water provide
- vitamin C
- vitamin P (citrus bioflavonoids).
More on Vitamin P
Studies show that vitamin P helps release the anti-oxidant properties of vitamin C. Bioflavonoids also improve capillary permeability and the overall blood flow – important for oxygenating tissues and maintaining blood pressure. They can help reduce swelling, venous backup and edema.
Upon rising squeeze one lemon into a 16-32 oz glass of clean water and drink up! You can do this a couple of time to build up to a quart of liquids in the morning.
Be sure to juice down to the inner rind of the lemon because the majority of the pectin fiber and citrus bioflavonoids are there. An organic mild sweetener can be added to the lemonade. Various herbs, like mint, are further used to further your morning lift-off.
Based on an article by Dr. David Jockers and published in naturalnews.
lemon and water, lemonade water, lemon with water, lemon water, water lemon, lemon & water, benefits of lemon, hot water lemon, benefits of lemon in water, lemon and warm water, lemon to lose weight, benefits of water with lemon, water with lemon juice, advantages of lemon water, lemon water to lose weight,lemons and water, drink water and lemons, the lemon water diet,