Senate bill S 510 “Food Safety Modernization Act” will outlaw gardening and seed saving
(Healingtalks) Is Senate Bill 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act “the most dangerous bill in the history of the United States of America.” It sure reads that way.
It would give the U.S. government the right to control how and if we grow, trade or transport even homegrown foods. It would give our government the right to arrest and imprison (and with the NDAA act, for an indefinite period of time) anyone who dares to selling cucumbers and carrots at a farmer’s markets without government approval. It would criminalize also the moving and transporting of organic produce if you don’t succumb.
“It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.” – Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower (http://shivchopra.com/?page_id=2)
Following prior Presidential Executive Orders
We’ve already had several Presidential executive orders saying that in times of marshal law the federal government can fully take control of our entire food supply and just about everything else. But now Congress wants to codify this vast power into Congressional law, putting the authority to administer this under the Department of Homeland Security.
The law would give the U.S. government the power to arrest a backyard survivalist or simply food grower as a felon (a “smuggler”) for merely growing lettuce and tomatoes and selling them to a neighbor or at a local farmer’s market. Wouldn’t Monsanto just love that! They are admittedly trying to take over all organics and global seed supplies, replacing them with GMOs
This is also similar to what the government is trying to do with competitive raw food milk producers and sellers, to make them into felons as we have seen recently in California.
US food sovereignty sold out
U.S. sovereignty over its own food supply is further given up by this law to the World Trade Organization (WTO) and Codex Alimentarius – two organizations that serve Big Pharma and the global biotech industry,
Criminalizing seed saving
The law will criminalize seed saving (http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/20…), allowing for the arrest of backyard gardeners who save heirloom seeds. This is obviously designed to give corporations like Monsanto the final power they need to take complete control.
Undermining small scale organic farms
Like proposed FDA regulations to require multi-million dollar tests for natural supplements, this would create a new an d unreasonable paperwork burden to put small food growers out of business, shifting power to the Big Phood.
Everyone should read more about this dangerous bill at: http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/20…
- Sign this petition at Citizens for Health: http://www.citizens.org/?page_id=2312
- Join Cornucopia Institute’s campaign against the bill : (http://www.cornucopia.org/2010/11/a…)
- Contact your legislator: Go to Congress.org and type in your zip code in the box in the upper right hand corner. Click on your Senator’s name, and then on the contact tab for their phone number. You can also call the Capitol Switchboard and ask to be connected to your Senator’s office: 202-224-3121 Then speak to the legislative staffer responsible for agriculture. If they are unavailable leave a voice message. Be sure to include your name and phone number. Let them know that you support of the “Tester Amendment” which would exempt small farms from S.510:
- Sample message - “I am a constituent of Senator___________. I support the Tester Amendment to the food safety bill. The Tester Amendment will exempt the safest, small, owner-operator farms and food producers. Food safety legislation should not create barriers to small family farms growing healthy food. Please support the Tester Amendment.” Alternatively you can say you oppose the Food Safety Modernization Act as a whole, since it will harm the future of food in America and our innate right to grow our own food. We should not criminalize the local growing of food at the behest of criminal corporate food monopolies.
- Welcome to the New Food Police State
- Monsanto Seeks Corporate Domination of World Food Supply
- This Could Threaten the Future of Food - Destroying the Entire Food Chain
Food fda, what is the food safety act, food and safety bill, food safety laws, food modernization act, fda laws, food modernization bill\, food safety rules, law fda, fda food safety, 510 bill, food safety fda, food safety administration, fda modernization act, usda food safety, fda food safety act, food safety modernization act