Is fluoridated water unsafe?
(Healingtalks) It may come as a startling surprise that fluoride is really a recognized toxic industrial waste chemical that is dumped irresponsibly into our public water supply to save certain mining industries millions of dollars. This is done under the pretense of helping the public to reduce their tooth decay.
Numerous studies, however, have concluded that fluoridated water is not safe to drink because the “consumption of sodium fluoride results in brain and neurological damage,” according to Kurt Nimmo from Prison Planet.
A false ploy
American Water, representing the industry’s view, claims that by adding a so-called ‘safe’ amount of fluoride into our public water supply we will see a significant decrease in tooth decay (even though it may cause a minor side-effect of teeth discoloration). Putting aside such clever Machiavellian propaganda, 37 cities and communities across the US and Canada decided to do away their public fluoridation programs in 2011.
What is fluoride?
What is fluoride and what makes it so harmful to the brain?
It turns out that “fluoride” is fluorosilicic acid, a highly toxic waste byproduct of the phosphate mining industry. It is as toxic as arsenic. It is a hazardous toxic waste product or chemical under EPA rules (Adams, 2011). There is no ‘safe level’ when it comes to consuming hazardous chemicals either directly or indirectly.
Studies of fluoridated water
Numerous studies of fluoride show its dangers. These include the following
- American study – Harvard’s Dr. Phyllis Mullenix discovered that fluoride caused motor dysfunction, IQ deficits and learning disabilities in humans.
- Indian study- A recent study of fluoride and its dangers was published by K. Pratap Reddy of the University College of Sciences at Osmania University in Hyderabad, India, on January 10, 2011.Fluoride resulted in neuro-degenerative changes or nerve damage that was observed in the neocortex, hippocampus and cerebellum areas of the brain and also in the spinal cord and sciatic nerve. Damage to the hippocampus often results in hyperactivity as well as difficulty in learning and with concentration.
- Chinese study - A recent Chinese study concluded that low dose sodium fluoride in water diminishes IQ, especially among children. Actually the above are the 23rd and 24th such international studies with the same conclusion.
What happens at reduced, supposedly ‘safe’ levels
In January 2011, the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) issued a report that admitted 2 in 5 children in America show signs of fluoride poisoning (streaking, spotting or pitting of teeth due to dental fluorosis). But instead of calling for an end to fluoridation of our public water supplies, the agency decided the levels should just be reduced. They acceptable fluoride levels went down to 0.7 milligrams per litre from 1.2 milligrams per litre (Adams, 2011).
Not following the feeble efforts of corrupt government regulators, 37 cities in the US and Canada decided to put an end on their own to water fluoridation. From small towns like Tellico, Tenn, with 900 residents, to cities like Calgary, Alberta, with over 1.3 million residents, these locales rid themselves of this outrageously harmful poison in the public water supply (Huff, 2011). Thanks to groups such as the Fluoride Action Network (FAN), devoted to exposing the truth about the toxicity and dangers of fluoride, more bans are on the way.
Hopefully this steady momentum will continue through 2012 until every city in the nation has a truly clean and pure water supply, uncorrupted by such harmful influences.
- Nimmo, K, 12/2/11, Study Proves Fluoride Brain Damage
- Huff, E, 26/12/11, Year in review: 37 communities vote to end artificial water fluoridation in 2011 — how many will follow in 2012?
- Adams, A, 1/8/11, CDC adjusts fluoride poisoning of America’s water supply to a lower level
- American Water, New Jersey, Fluoride in drinking water